The Directorate-General for Justice Policy, briefly referred to as DGPJ, is a State central body of direct administration, with administrative autonomy, of the portuguese Ministry of Justice.
The main purpose of the DGPJ is to:
- give technical support within the scope of legislative production and legal assessment;
- monitor the policies and the strategic planning for the justice sector;
- organize and promote the resort to arbitral courts and to the peace courts as well as to other alternative dispute resolution means;
- coordinate the external affairs and the cooperation in the justice area; and is
- responsible for the statistical data in the Ministry of Justice.
For further information on the activities pursued by DGPJ, you can reach us at ‘Contact DGPJ’.